AEV’s all steel Heat Reduction Hood provides both fresh intake air and critical under hood cooling. With its clean, fluid lines, this hood’s design is not only functional but also adds distinctive styling to your JK.
The central vent of the Heat Reduction Hood is positioned to take advantage of the low-pressure area created at the front edge of the Hood when the vehicle is in motion. Since air moves from high pressure to low pressure areas, the placement of the center vent causes cooler outside air to be drawn through the radiator and up through the Hood.
The stamped steel Heat Reduction Hood features OE-style crumple zones and comes ready to paint in an e-coated finish. The side mesh inserts are removable to accommodate the installation of AEV’s Snorkel Kit.
• All steel construction
• Fresh air intake
• Reduces under hood temp
• Comes e-coated, ready to paint
• Adds style to any 2007+ JK Wrangler
• Great replacement for damaged stock hoods
• Includes full stamped steel inner
• OE-style crumple zones designed to collapse in accidents
• Side mesh opening fits AEV’s Snorkel
• Crumple zone, for improved crash safety
Manufacturing Process: Stamped steel
Outer Hood: 23 gauge steel
Inner Hood: 23 gauge steel
Mesh Inserts: Stainless steel
Coatings: E-coat (hood), textured black powdercoat (mesh inserts)
Application: 2007+ JK Wrangler
Made In: United States